As you may know, this year we are celebrating our 20th anniversary as New England Office Supply. 20 years is a big milestone for us and WOW how much has changed in that time… not only at NEOS, but in the world. We thought it would be fun to highlight what was making the headlines 20 years ago when NEOS came to be!
Cost of Living
- Cost of a gallon of gas – $1.11
- Cost of a movie ticket - $4.14
- Average cost of a new car - $12,750.00
- Cost of a postage stamp – 29 cents
- Cost of a dozen eggs – 87 cents
- Average cost of a new home – $147,700.00
- Movies released – Jurassic Park, Sleepless in Seattle, Mrs. Doubtfire, The Fugitive, Schindler’s List
- Popular TV shows – Home Improvement, Seinfeld, Roseanne, Coach, Frasier, Murphy Brown, Murder She Wrote
- Most popular toys – Power Rangers, Beanie Babies
- Top songs – Whitney Houston – I will always love you, UB40 – I can’t help falling in love, Meat Loaf – I’d do anything for love, Mariah Carey – Hero
- Superbowl Champions – Dallas Cowboys
- The hit show Cheers aired it’s final episode in March.
- The Late Night Show with David Letterman premiered
- Caller ID was invented
- The Intel Pentium chip was released
- The World Wide Web went public
- Bill Clinton succeeded George H.W. Bush as 42nd President of the US
- The “Storm of the Century” aka “The Great Blizzard of 1993″ struck the Eastern US in March
- “The Flood of 1993″ – the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers flooded
- The country Czechoslovakia ceased to exist when it split into the Czech Republic and Slovakia
Isn’t it crazy how times have changed? Do you know any more fun facts about 1993? Comment below!